When you are moving to a new home, it is definitely stressful and time-consuming to pack your things and organize them inside the vehicle. At some point, it can cause back pains and injuries, especially when you do everything by yourself. But you can always do something to save you from the hassle of packing and moving your belongings if you decide to hire a local mover. With this being said, how much do movers cost these days anyway?
Before giving you the mover prices, you should know that local movers are those who serve clients within 100 miles and are usually staying inside the same area coverage. Generally, the cost to hire movers within your locality is around $25 for every hour and for only one local mover. The said fee is divided into quarters or four parts. Apparently, the moving time highly depends on the quantity or number of things to be moved, the size of your residence, and whether you ask the movers to do the loading and unloading only or the packing of things.
You also have the option to spend on two men and a truck rates, which averagely range from $80 to $100 per hour, which also varies according to the day and time you wish to move. You will learn more about these rates as you continue to read the article.
Average Local Mover Costs
Now that we have known the general rate of a local mover and the factors affecting the mover prices, here some typical local mover costs and rates according to residential units.
How much do movers cost if your residential unit is a studio apartment? The typical cost to hire movers for this type abode is around $100 to $200 with a rate of $25 per hour. You only need to have two local movers to do the job of transporting and unloading your personal possessions.
*Two-Bedroom Apartment with 900-square foot area
For this type of residential property, it also has the same price for every hour. However, it needs three local movers to do the task, taking 4 to 6 hours and costing about $300 to $450.
*Three-Bedroom House with an area of 1,750 square feet
This is a big abode, hence, it needs four local movers to load, deliver, and unload the things. And for this reason, the job can take 6 to 9 hours, having mover prices that range from $600 to $900.
*Big House with an area of more than 5,000 square feet
If you are moving to this type house, how much do movers cost then? It will take 8 to 12 hours and, at least, six movers to do the loading and unloading tasks. The total cost to hire movers for a 5,000-square foot home ranges from $1,200 to $1,800 or higher in cases when there more than six people to do the job.
Rates of Two Men and a Truck
How much do movers cost for two men and a truck? In cases when you want to spend on two men and a truck rates, expect to pay equally or a bit higher than the typical cost to hire movers within your locality. The average mover prices are between $80 and $100 for every hour, depending on the day you are going to move. If you want to have three men and a truck, then the rate is around $15 to $20 per hour.
The two men and a truck rates are higher during weekends, summer, as well as, the start and end of the month than on normal days. This is because a lot of people move or relocate during those aforementioned times, therefore, the prices and rates definitely go up. In addition to that factor, the travel time also affects the prices. In most cases, the local movers charge an extra hour for the time consumed in taking you home.
Do take note that the rates for two men and a truck are only applicable for local relocations. If for instance, you will be moving to far places or more than 100 miles, then you need to spend a total mover cost based on the number, volume and weight of your items.
Just like any type of service, the costs of local relocation can also have additional expenses that you need to consider. These are the following:
– $25 to $35 per hour for packing and unpacking services; there is also the packing material cost, so you need to spare an amount for that as well.
– There are no additional costs to move plasma televisions if they are placed inside their original box. But in circumstances when the packaging is no longer available, then you can rent a plasma TV box for $50.
– Meanwhile, non-plasma and old style large screen televisions may need extra labor costs to load the item, increasing the mover prices by $25 for every hour.
– If you want to do the relocation on a weekend or during summer, then the cost to hire movers and the two men and a truck rates usually increase by 20 percent.
– The prices from the truck going to the property’s are also higher in cases when there are stairs and the travel is long, bumpy and difficult.
– It is also typical to tip local movers. Usually, the tipping is around $3 to $5 for every hour or 7 to 15 percent of the total cost to hire movers.
– You can spend for insurance for a local relocation, which costs around 30 cents for every pound.