Have you been in a situation wherein you have to make a choice between renting and buying? Tough choice, isn’t it? Especially when the object is so expensive and something you would use for a very long time. Like a house.
The choice gets tougher when the cost is so expensive you do not have enough budget allocated for it and renting out may seem like a never-ending burden. The software buyers also had the same dilemma, but not anymore.
The AutoCAD is a commercial Computer-Aided Design (CAD)and drafting software application. It is used by a variety of industries such as architecture, project management, engineering, graphic designers, among others.
Autodesk, the developer and seller of AutoCAD, used to sell licenses in perpetual terms but decided to eventually offer it as a “Software as a Service” or more popularly known as “SaaS”. This is to help individual users and company owners to manage their purchases especially when they are under financial constraint or when considering that buying a license for a lifetime may not be the wisest option. The technology world is constantly evolving anyway that keeping and updating an old software may not be practical when you have to pay a hefty upfront cost.
So how much is the cost of AutoCAD license in monthly, yearly, two-year and three-year terms?
Average Cost of AutoCAD License
The AutoCAD license fee ranges from $5 to $5,670 depending on the type of and license validity.
Below is the list of AutoCAD software and corresponding license fees:
|Product||Monthly||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite||$55.00||$450.00||$855.00||$1,215.00
|AutoCAD Map 3D||$195.00||$1,575.00||$2,990.00||$4,255.00|
|AutoCAD Revit LT Suite||$65.00||$505.00||$960.00||$1,365.00|
|AutoCAD Revit LT||$50.00||$410.00||$780.00||$1,105.00|
|AutoCAD for Mac||$185.00||$1,470.00||$2,795.00||$3,970.00|
|AutoCAD Civil 3D||$265.00||$2,100.00||$3,990.00||$5,670.00|
|AutoCAD LT for Mac||$50.00||$380.00||$720.00||$1,025.00|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D||$285.00||$2,270.00||$4,315.00||$6,130.00|
|AutoCAD Mobile App – Premium||$5.00||$50.00|
|AutoCAD Mobile App - Ultimate||$100.00|
|AutoCAD Raster Design||$105.00||$840.00||$1,595.00||$2,270.00|
What are Included?
Purchasing an AutoCAD license typically includes access to the latest AutoCAD technology, wherever you are, be it at your workplace, home, in the field, or even on your mobile device.
It also comes with one-on-one online support with an AutoCAD expert and free webinar training.
Factor Affecting Cost of AutoCAD License
The AutoCAD license fee is dictated by the following factors:
- Type of AutoCAD software – AutoCAD has a variety of software ranging from the basic to the complex ones.
- Versions – AutoCAD has different versions ranging from student version which is free to download, the entry-level versions, and up to the most powerful versions.
- Industry – the AutoCAD license fee differs mostly due to the industry needs, as there are specialized versions developed specifically for each of the user’s needs.
- Device – price of AutoCAD license can also be based on which device you intend to utilize the software, as it has a regular PC version, the Mac version, and the mobile version.
Where to Get AutoCAD License?
Various AutoCAD Software
· AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite – with this practical software suite, you can improve the transition from 2D drafting to 3D mechanical CAD design and participate in Digital Prototyping workflows.
- AutoCAD Map 3D – improves map data making it more visual.
- AutoCAD Revit LT Suite – this software can help smaller architecture firms transition to BIM or the Building Information Modeling and also comes with AutoCAD LT in one suite.
- AutoCAD Architecture – this is a version of AutoCAD which has tools and functionalities that are tailor fit for architectural work. This software was previously referred to as AutoCAD Architectural Desktop.
- AutoCAD LT – this is the light version of AutoCAD which means it has reduced capabilities. It is perfect for those who are just starting up as this is considered an entry-level CAD.
- AutoCAD Mechanical – this is used for manufacturing and are intended to accelerate the process of mechanical design. It includes the functionality of AutoCAD and comprehensive tools suited for mechanical engineering tasks.
- AutoCAD for Mac – this software makes layout design less complicated and features a Photoshop-like interface. It has a smart dimensioning tool and you can use it for 3D printing. You can even share revision history.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D – this is a version of AutoCAD which has tools and functionalities that are tailor fit for civil engineering designs and documentations. It helps organizations to streamline time-consuming tasks that include parcel layout, roundabout, intersections, and corridor designs.
- AutoCAD LT for Mac – this AutoCAD version has an Apple-based user interface. It has features that reflect Autodesk’s complete rewrite of the program that focuses on the user-interface and workflow enhancements, PDF integration and Mac-centric integrations.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D – this software enables plant designers and engineers to efficiently produce piping and instrumentation diagram or P&IDs, and consolidate them into a 3D plant design model.
- AutoCAD Mobile App – Premium – this enables you to view, measure, and share AutoCAD drawings on mobile. It has 25GB of storage and support for files of up to 30MB. It is available for iPhone, iPadPro, and iPod touch that is running iOS 9.0 or later, on some Android devices running 4.0.3 or later, and Windows 10 supported devices.
- AutoCAD Mobile App – Ultimate – this has the same features as the premium plan except that this has 100GB of storage and support for files up to 40MB.
- AutoCAD Electrical – this is a version of AutoCAD which has tools and functionalities that are perfect for electrical engineers and designers. It offers automated drafting tools for designing of the various wirings, circuiting, panels, among others.
- AutoCAD MEP – this aids in the drafting, designing and documenting building systems. It also supports the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems during the entire building lifecycle.
- AutoCAD Raster Design – this software helps in editing enhancing and maintaining scanned plans sweat-free with its powerful raster editing and raster-to-vector conversion tools.
AutoCAD Revit – this allows users to design a structure and its parts in 3D, make comments on the model with 2D drafting elements, and access information from the building model’s database. Revit is 4D BIM capable which has tools to track various stages of the building, from conceptualization, construction and even up to demolition.