Electronic mailing list or also known as e-mail list are e-mails specifically used for extensive distribution of information to many users. These are used by organizations for sending publications to their members and customers. It is commonly used for marketing. Using e-mails for direct marketing in one of the most effective ways to increase awareness for the product you are selling. It is always one of the most effective ways to promote your business. A lot of company uses this because it provides them a great return on investment and can let them reach many new customers. With this, you’ll ask the question, how much does email list cost?
Average Email List Price
Email list price is based on cost per mille, or also known as cost per thousand impressions (CPM). You can either rent or purchase one. The cost also depends on how many names and addresses and how you are going to use the emails.
- An email list containing at least 2,500 up to 5,000 names and addresses has a cost of around $200 up to $400 cost per thousand impressions. The price is for a consumer list.
- Email list cost for a business list containing 2,500 up to 5,000 names and addresses can run around $300 up to $600 cost per thousand impressions.
- Renting an email list can run around $100 up to $150 cost per thousand impressions. The price given is for a consumer list.
- Email list price runs around $250 up to $1,000 cost per thousand impressions for a very well targeted business list.
Rental email list uses pay-per-use basis. This means that renting email list is more expensive than buying one.
You will actually not spend money just for the email list alone. The total cost for your email campaign should include the mailing, management, tracking, and other services. On the average, you might have to spend around $500 up to $3,000 or more for the additional expenses. This can greatly add up to your total email list cost.
Here are some rough estimates of the total cost that companies and businesses paid for the email list:
- Some companies or businesses have paid around $1,000 up to $1,500 for the email list. The price includes 10,000 names and addresses, management, and design.
- Some minor businesses spend around $1,000 for an email list. The price only includes 10,000 names and addresses and distribution.
- Some companies spend around $1,500 up to $2,000 for an email list that contains 25,000 names and addresses and 2 mailings.
Email List: Is it worth it?
A lot of professional says that purchasing an email list is the best and most affordable way to boost the marketing reach of your business. That is the number one reason why companies spend money on an email list. Here are some other reasons:
- Email lists can allow you to narrow the focus of your business, especially if you avail focused email lists. This can help you to choose the criteria of your customers, such as their age, their income, and their purchase history. You can achieve the best return of income if you carefully filter the email list.
- Email lists can help you to simultaneously send messages to multiple audiences.
- You can also make quick adjustments using email lists.
You can visit Hubspot to get tips on how to successfully grow your email campaign.
Buying a High-Quality Email List
Because of the growing popularity of email list, a lot of fraud or bogus sellers are now scattered everywhere in the world. Taking the opportunity and scamming those new businesses that have just recently started. There are lots of companies in the world trying to sell email lists. So many that you may not distinguish which are legit and which are not.
Here are some tips on how to find a legit seller of email list and to avoid any fraud sellers:
- You should call the seller for several times. It is also best if you could meet up with him or her. Fraud sellers usually won’t accept calls and meet-ups.
- One way that fraud sellers do to have customers is to sell them for a very low price. A lot of people, especially the ones with a business that have just started, can easily get attracted with this.
- Some email list sellers will say that the secret to a successful email campaign is to buy a lot of emails. And by a lot, they mean more than thousands. However, this is not really true. The best way to make your email campaign successful is through high-quality emails. Even an email list that only contains 5,000 names and addresses can beat a low-quality email list that contains more than 100,000 names and addresses.
- There are times where low-quality emails do work. However, it would take a lot of your time to deal with it. Time is gold, especially in the business world.
- If you are not sure that you bought a high-quality email list, the best way to confirm it through phones. Whenever you buy an email list, you should always ask phone numbers for every record. You will just simply call a random address to confirm if they are really working in the company. Do not buy if the seller won’t give you any phones for the email list.
- Most low-quality email list sellers will promise you to send free email addresses for emails that are undeliverable. However, most of these free emails are just as bad as the others.
- Another way to know if you are purchasing a high-quality email is through requesting the full information of each email. This information should include the full contact name of the email recipient and the address of their direct mail. If the seller can’t provide you this information, then he or she might be likely a fraud seller. The main reason for this is for you to know if they gave you different email addresses for the same person.
Duct Tape Marketing provides tips on what are the right ways to buy an email list.