The Maltipoo is a hybrid breed resulting from the cross of a purebred Maltese with a purebred Poodle.Some breeders market the Maltipoo as a “designer dog” for them to get higher prices. The Maltipoo is a mixed breed and is also known as a mutt. Still, there are a number of endearing qualities that make the Maltipoo a great pet.So, how much do these Maltipoo puppies cost?
Average Maltipoo Price
- The average Maltipoo price can differ from $400 – $1000. Themaltipoo puppies cost will vary depending on age, parents, quality, colors, breeder, and your geographical location. Take note that this is a ‘mutt’ so it won’t demand high AKC prices. If the puppy cost more than $1000, you have to question the breeder or you are better off looking for another seller.
- A smaller variety of a standard Maltipoo called a teacup Maltipoo price can be at least $600.
- The parent breeders’ quality highly affects the Maltipoo puppies cost but plan carefully if you’re planning to spend more than a $1000.
Inclusions When Buying A Maltipoo
- When buying from a reputable breeder, you are to expect up-to-date vaccinations, a health card from a licensed veterinarian, and a health guarantee that covers veterinarian bills for the next 1-3 months. If the puppy is to be shipped by air, the seller should also include a travel crate. The breeder may also include simple beginner packs containing food, toys, and supplements.
- The dog may be crate-trained or potty-trained. Most breeders also have the dew claws removed.
- Expect the dog to have a long, curly, wavy coat. Colors may include cream, gold, white, gray, black, chocolate, and light apricot.
- The Maltipoo breed can weigh from 5 to 14 pounds. The average height is 12-15 inches. Since this is a mixed-breed, height and weight can vary. The main factor will be the poodle parent.
Extra Costs When Buying AMaltipoo
- Depending on your state or city ordinances, registering your dog will cost around $8 to $32.
- Budget at least $30 to $50 a month for recurring expenses such as food, toys, accessories, and routine veterinary visits. Also set aside some budget for emergency vet visits.
- Shipping the dog via an airline will cost from $150 to $350 depending on the airline and the distance it has to travel. The Same range of cost is expected when breeders travel 25 to 35 miles to be at a meeting spot.
- The dog’s coat will require daily brushing. You will have to spare budget cost for bi-weekly grooming sessions if you don’t have the time.
- Dogs are undeniably cute, but sometimes are stubborn, especially when they are young. You may need to take them to obedience classes for basic commands like sit, heel, and lay down. The cost of obedience classes ranges from $50 for a group session to $100 for a private session. Costs also greatly depend on where you take your dog.
Tips When Buying AMaltipoo
- Get Local References.Find breeders who value their reputation of going great lengths to maintain that valuable commodity. Breeders who are recommended by persons in the community are the best bets. You can also ask the local veterinarian for information about good breeders and sellers.
- Visit Breeders. You should visit the premises of the prospective Maltipoo breeders. The premises should be well lit, comfortable, and clean. The ideal breeder should treat the litter as house pets to ensure optimal socialization of the puppies.
- Interview Multiple Breeders. An ideal breeder should know the facts of the Maltipoo breed at his fingertips. You should do enough research to know the right questions to ask the breeder, like typical health issues the Maltipoo may face.
- Evaluate The Litter. During the selection process, it is important to look at all the puppies. A good breeder will be familiar with the litter – he may have names for every puppy, and also know the individuality of each puppy.
- Evaluate The Parents. Never forget to take a look at the parents. This would be a good time to evaluate the breeder’s knowledge of the Maltipoo’s genealogy.
- Guarantees. Be sure to read and evaluate the return policy offered by the breeder. During this discussion, you will see indications on how attached the breeder is to the litter.
- References. An ideal breeder will provide references. This is a good indicator of his professionalism. He should be able to provide information on veterinarians and fellow dog owners around the vicinity.
Tips To Know About the Maltipoo Breed
- The Maltipoo breed can adapt to any type of atmosphere, whether it’s the countryside or in a smaller condo.
- Do not treat Maltipoos as guard dogs as they have a loving personality. They can get comfortable to anyone very fast.
- These dogs are cheerful, lively, and very sporty. They have agility and alertness. Their affection and loyalty make them suitable for homes with a calmer atmosphere. They do well with older children.
- This breed is known for having separation anxiety. They usually will bark if you are ready to leave home.
- Dog sellers will often tell you that mixed breed dogs are healthier than a pure breed dog and it is important that you never believe that it is true. To ensure that the Maltipoo is in a healthy condition, always secure a health certificate from a licensed vet before getting one.
- Dogs usually have ten (10) to fifteen (15) years lifespan. With a proper diet and regular visit to the veterinary clinic will surely increase your Maltipoo’s lifespan.
- Maltipoos shed lesser than other breeds and it will surely be a great alternative for those people who experience an allergic reaction from dog’s hair.
Ways to Save Money
- Consider scouting for the local veterinary clinic and compare prices and quality of services. Always go with the clinic that offers better service at a reasonable price.
- When shopping products for your Maltipoo, always look at the content. Never settle for less. However, you also have to smart save in order for you to not end up buying more than what your Maltipoo would need.
- You can buy one female and one male Maltipoos and have them breed. Sure, you will be paying extra dollars to get another one but it will surely make you earn money once their baby Maltipoos arrive. Then you can sell or have them adopted by another dog lover.