Every disease, suffering and chronic pain are due to insufficient of oxygen, as stated by Dr. Arthur C. Guyton. Deficient in oxygen means low biological energy that can result in anything, from mild exhaustion, migraine headache to life-threatening disease.
However, if you know what the most excellent and most cost-effective approach for your body to get adequate oxygen, then your entire health problems could disappear in shortest time.
In surroundings abundant with oxygen, your body will fight and kill, harmful bacteria, viruses, pathogens, and microorganism diseases, at the same time contributes to the healthiness of your cells.
To those who is in distress from any acute illness, or has a low level of oxygen in the blood, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is the best treatment for you. What is it? And how much hyperbaric oxygen therapy cost?
Average Cost of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Hyperbaric oxygen therapy entails a patient to breath purified oxygen in a room or tank that is pressurized, letting the air pressure to escalate three times its usual pressure. This process makes your lungs to obtain more oxygen that stimulates healing in ailing body tissues.
The patients commonly necessitate few of treatments, and each obliges a separate visit to a hospital or clinic with one and half hour treatment time. The single hyperbaric oxygen therapy cost can differ between $200 for a session at an HBOT clinic, to more than $2,500 for treatment at a major medical hospital. This price excludes consultation fees and other tests.
For hyperbaric patients with insurance, the average cost of this treatment is around $350. For instance, If they require 29 sessions, the approximate amount they could shell out around is $10,150. However, there are a few insurance policies which have $40 per session as an out of the pocket cost.
The overall cost you will obtain will significantly fluctuate, based on how many treatments you need. A consultation can just establish the fee. And the number of sessions will be deviated based on the medical condition of the patient.
Average Cost of Hyperbaric Chamber
Hyperbaric Chamber is a machine that is utilized to treat different health conditions by transporting more oxygen than typical atmospheric pressures.
It is as well known as home chambers and mild chambers that are appropriate for wellness centers, clinical settings, and home use. This hyperbaric equipment has two primary chambers: the Monoplace and Multiplace.
The Monoplace Chamber
A Monoplace chamber compresses one by one and is typically in a lounging position. Several Monoplace chambers have mask accessible to supply an alternative breathing gas. Staff will take care of the patient from the outside with the control stays outside it.
In RehabMart, the hyperbaric chamber cost will range from $4,130 to $74,900, depending on its features. In eBay, you could find a brand new hyperbaric chamber that could cost from $3,895 to $69,495. Also, the cost of this machine in Community Hyperbaric would range from $3,995 to $16,955.
The Multiplace Chamber
The Multiplace chamber can treat more than two patients simultaneously. A nurse or personnel will be inside the chamber to monitor the patients and evaluates using some equipment. With this room, the patients can breathe the pure oxygen using the close-fitting plastic hood or mask.
In Hyperbaric Clearing House, you can find some quality previously owned Multiplace chamber that suits your requirements. The hyperbaric chamber cost could range from $479,000 to $625,000, or more.
What Conditions Could it Treat?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy conveys antioxidants that manifested to be extremely susceptive in treating damaged tissues and repairs weakening cells.
So, the conditions it can treat and the benefits are the following:
- decompression illness
- for wounds that are lethargic to heal, bone and soft tissue infections
- for radiation burns and carbon monoxide poisoning
- for kids who have come down with brain injuries, because of childhood accidents, or at birth
- for multiple sclerosis patients
- can slow the aging process
- alleviates stress from the mind
- can cure simple wounds, infections
- for severe neurological diseases
- for stroke or heart attack
- For Alzheimer’s disease
- for autism
- for carbon monoxide poisoning
- for cerebral palsy
- for cognitive disorders in the elderly
- For leg ulcers
- For exceptional blood loss or anemia
- For coronary artery stents
What To Expect?
You will be provided with a set of rules that you should follow as you go for your first HBOT or Hyperbaric oxygen therapy session. These guidelines are to make certain your safeness in the hyperbaric chamber.
- Your skin and hair must be totally clean and free from any products like leave-in conditioners, moisturizers, talcum powder, and perfume.
- You must wear clothes made out of 100 percent cotton. The hyperbaric chamber contains unmixed oxygen. Thus, it is eminently flammable, and this could cause a fire.
- You will be set on a movable bunk and then rolled into the oxygen chamber as you arrive. Commonly, the widely used device is the Monoplace.
- Inside the chamber, you can nap, read, or listen to music. Also, it has a microphone inside that allows you to communicate with your operator outside.
- The hyperbaric oxygen therapy could last around 60 to 90 minutes.
- You can observe that your ears start to pop a bit when it works to even up the pressure in a certain chamber.
- The chamber will be decompressed after that the therapy session is completed, and they will let you go home.
If you are balancing the hyperbaric oxygen therapy cost against the possible benefits of this, you can contact a doctor who has an experience and skills in hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Call them as soon as possible because putting off the treatments may escalate the number of treatments needed and this could significantly inflate the total cost. You can ask them some questions regarding this therapy, about hyperbaric chamber cost, or to discuss the best options for treatments for you.
However, if you can’t find any a doctor who is an expert on this matter in your locality, you can search through online. Read some reviews, and you will surely find a physician who can help you figure out the cost and the right place for you to obtain treatment.