Looking for protective roofing for your house? Would you like to have roofing that not only protects you but is aesthetically pleasing? Owens Corning Duration Shingles protect your home from harsh elements like wind, rain, and snow. The cost of Owens Corning Duration shingles gives you best value for your money because of its design and components.
Owens Corning has been one of the topnotch roofing, insulation and fiberglass providers since 1935. Owens Corning provides roofing services to both commercial and residential clients. What makes Owens Corning different from other roofing providers is the patented SureNail® Technology. The shingles are designed with triple-layers, held together with a special kind of sealant that guarantees durability. This means that your home is guaranteed protection from leaks, strong winds, heavy rain, and snow.
Costs Involved in Installing Shingles
When looking for roofing products to install for your new or old home, the cost is secondary to durability.
Standard shingles cost less but need to be replaced after 5 years – you’ll end up with more expenses and renovations. It’s less worrisome if you purchase more expensive shingles that last 10 years or more. It is also important to accurately measure your roof so you don’t end up purchasing more than necessary.
The cost of Owens Corning Duration Shingles is an average of $36.61 to $38 per bundle. Three bundles amount to 100 square feet. Owens Corning also sells architectural duration shingles. The average Owens Corning Duration Shingles price (architectural duration shingles) is $53.40 per bundle. Four bundles add up to 100 square feet. Make sure that you calculate the roof area and add an additional 10% to your budget for “emergencies.” You don’t want to end up cost-cutting on other necessities or have an unfinished roof.
Warranty is also offered for your Owens Corning shingles. If you purchase through a contractor, make sure you give Owens Corning a call to register your warranty. Owens Corning offers different lifetime limited warranty plans for your roof. Some warranty plans may have an additional cost depending on the time period and if you purchase from a contractor.
How to Shop for Shingles
In order to choose the best roofing shingles for your home, careful planning is a must. Here are some tips to help you get the best roofing installed:
- Measurements – You or a professional should measure the area of your roof. A triangular roof will have a different area from a sloping roof. Make sure that the measurements are accurate, else, you’ll end up with too much or too scarce. If you are replacing just a section of your roof, conduct an inspection of which areas need to be replaced.
- Actual Cost of the Shingles – Owens Corning Duration Shingles price is by bundles. This is just for the actual purchase and does not include other costs. Find a distributor near you and check if there are price differences. Choosing the type of shingles is also important. For example, if you live in an area where you get a lot of sun, you may want to opt for solar reflecting shingles.
- Cost of Labor – When finding a contractor or distributor, trust is very important. Roofers should not only get the job done but do it well. Different contractors may have different costs. If you could find a referral, they will most likely give you a discount. Referrals also mean that they have been tried and tested. You don’t have to worry about paying so much and ending up with faulty roofing.
- Other materials – When installing a roof, you may also need to purchase nails and insulation separately. Owens Corning Duration Shingles price is only for the shingles. Some contractors, such as Lowes, offer discounts if you buy in bulk. Make sure you have your list ready such as sealant, nails, insulation, etc.
- Make a checklist – Compare different prices for each estimate. Jot down their contact numbers and names. You may also want to include comments such as how easily you can contact them. Take note of things such as if the roofers were rude or too impersonal. Best if you can compare about 3 contractors within your area. That will give you more options to choose from in case one of them backs out. Most of the time, you end up with additional expenses if you’re running out of time.
Why Get Owen Corning Duration Shingles
One of the best things about Owens Corning Duration Shingles is that it is resistant to a lot of conditions. The shingles are impact-resistant and do not easily break or wear out over time. The patented WeatherGuard ® Technology is wind resistant to up to 130 mph. Owens Corning Duration Shingles is also waterproof and will not be prone to leaks. Owens Corning Duration Shingles price may be more expensive but you’ll end up saving on repairs.
One component of Owens Corning Duration Shingles is that it is made of “breathable materials. If your home has an attic, you don’t have to spend extra for exhaust. You can be guaranteed that your attic has enough ventilation. Since Owens Corning Duration shingles are solar reflecting, it also helps keep your roof cool.
The Owens Corning Duration Series offer designs that add to the beauty of your home. They add contrast and dimension to your roof so you don’t have to pay extra to have it painted. There are six lines to choose from with different specifications. Some duration shingles are solar reflecting and algae resistant. Keep in mind that the cost of Owens Corning Duration Shingles may vary depending on the product lines.
Another reason why you should get Owens Corning Duration shingles is that the materials are Class 4 impact-resistant. This is the highest quality when it comes to impact resistance. In US states that are prone to hurricanes, you end up saving on repairs and replacements. Owens Corning Duration Shingles have lifetime limited warranty; no need to worry about additional costs in case of repairs or mishaps.
When you purchase Owens Corning Duration Shingles, you may also be eligible for tax credits. Homeowners should consult with their tax advisers on how to get 10% credit for their purchase. What more, you actually help save the environment because Owens Corning shingles can be recycled to build new roads.