You’re on the road, not minding the speed of your driving nor the consequences you will be getting for speeding. Then the police holler you and handed you a ticket. After a couple of arguments, you are faced with the dilemma of just simply paying them and get points on your license and move on or hire a lawyer to contest the ticket for you.
You ask yourself, “Should I pay the ticket and let this one on loose? Is there a way to rub the situation off my record? Can I lose my license? Do I have a chance to fight the ticket?”
Getting a traffic ticket is never a good experience. Most people, however, have gotten one or more in their driving days. It may be worth it to hire a traffic lawyer to fight your ticket. Many people complain that they “earn” those tickets when they don’t actually deserve them. Whether or not the ticket was your fault, you have a chance of having the ticket removed from your records or lower your fines if you fight it by hiring a traffic lawyer.
How to Earn a Ticket
Pay attention to the ways on how you can get a ticket:
2. Reckless driving
4. Outstanding or unpaid tickets for traffic violations
6. Driving without a license or with suspended/ expired license
Having traffic tickets can lead to heavy fines, affect your driving records or increase your insurance rates. Having a lawyer fight for you to can reduce your fines or totally get your ticket dismissed. There are a few different ways on how a lawyer can assist you.
Average traffic ticket attorney cost
The following fees are to be prepared if you fight for your ticket rights:
1. Lawyer Fees – service and representation fees.
2. Court Fees –the court charges you to process your ticket. You are to pay the court after your ticket is resolved an agreement has been reached.
3. Fines– The penalties analyzed by the court have seen you for breaking the law.
Actually, you have to know what case you’re in to know how much the cost will be. The most common traffic violation is speeding, while others are more on running reckless driving and driving without a license, hit and run accidents and DUI.
The basic traffic lawyer cost for speeding charges ranges from $50-$250 for representation in traffic court and in some instances, it can run $200-$500 for direct legal services over a simple speeding ticket or other traffic offense. In these cases, most attorneys charge a flat fee that ranges from $100 to $250.
Traffic lawyer cost for speeding charges, however, will go up to as high as $1,000-$2,000 or more to fight a case of speeding and can run up to $5,000 and up for a more intricate traffic case that goes to court.
A traffic violation on your record could also mean that your auto insurance rates can go up 30-50 percent for the following years.
Fines and court fees stated above can start around $100-$300 but can be much after costlier analyzing as to the extent or the nature of the charges against you. An 8-point speeding violation for driving 96 mph in a 65 mph zone costs more than $1,000 for a fine. If reduced to a lower infraction drops the fine will become to $200-$400.
While some traffic tickets cases are settled without going to court, others have and violators shell out $2,000-$5,000 or more.
Expect your lawyer to charge you a flat rate of $250 to $500 for a one-time transaction that involves court hearings and plea agreements to negotiate or reduced penalty.
The average penalty for traffic violations is about $120 to $250 highly depending on the scene.
How Can a Traffic Attorney Help You
1. They analyze and give you advice. Your lawyer will listen to what happened and take in of your situation and analyze and counsel you on numerous different courses of action. They don’t just hit and run over you. They are there to work for you.
2. Lower your fines and penalty fees. You may be able to use the lawyer’s skill and experience to help you negotiate with your speeding, reckless driving, misdemeanor or other traffic offenses. A lawyer’s plea bargaining can greatly help in reducing the penalty you might have to pay in terms of jail or fines.
3. The lawyer is you in court. If you tackle charges like driving-under-influence or just speeding, your lawyer can go to the courthouse and attend the hearing for you. He will try to figure out how to change the hearing date if you cannot go on to the scheduled hearing. He is there for you to avoid the stress of appearing in court.
To begin with, you will search on how much does a traffic ticket attorney cost and lay out your probable cash expenses to hire one.
Factors to Remember While Hiring Attorney
1. Don’t hire a lawyer out of impulse. You’ll only regret it if you see that you can handle the situation. Though it’s something minor and, yes, it’s your fault, just wait until you get a professional advice out of the incident.
2. Do research the charges made against you. Take note of what you are charged for and how much you will be charged.
3. Make a note of the surroundings. Do take a copy of what happened on the day you were pulled over for traffic violations and take a hint on whether it’s your fault or not.
4. Get a knowledgeable attorney. Your lawyer should be adept in traffic violation cases.
5. Do discuss everything with your lawyer. Make sure you’re not exaggerating the incident or hide something from your attorney. It could lead to other problems. Much bigger problems.
Oh, if you cannot afford to hire an attorney and are facing a hefty penalty for a traffic violation or the probability of going to jail, you have the right to request from a court-appointed attorney.