Walmart has positioned itself as the world’s biggest company in terms of revenue and is considered the largest retailer in the world. That is why it’s no surprise that it has also dipped its toes into the “fast food” waters in recent years. So, move over KFC and Chick-Fil-A! Drop by Walmart’s delicatessen section and taste for yourself what people have been clamoring about. But first, let’s talk about Walmart fried chicken prices.
Walmart Deli Menu Prices
Walmart’s bakery and deli sections offer great prices and good food. Their menu also provides you tasty side dishes to go with your fried chicken. Here’s what you can get at the store.
If you just wanted a piece of the chicken, it’ll cost $1 or lower, depending on the size. On the other hand, a single plate meal of one entrée and one side dish costs $3.98.
For sharing portions, eight pieces without side dish will be set you back at $7. A 50-piece fried chicken party pack costs around $40. It consists of 12 breasts, 12 thighs, 13 drumsticks, and 13 wings, which is good for about 20 to 25 persons. It also comes with sides. These consist of two dozens rolls plus two salads from these choices: macaroni, potato, coleslaw, or mustard potato.
You can double your order at 100 pieces without the sides, and pay for the Walmart fried chicken cost that starts at $55.
Fried chicken is always nice to be paired with some side dishes. Good thing, Walmart offers a good variety.
Here are a comprehensive list and the corresponding prices:
- 5 Ct. Jumbo Breaded Shrimp: $2.48
- Popcorn Shrimp: $5.98
- Amish Mac Salad: $2.47
- Chicken Salad with Fruit and Nuts: $5.78
- Chicken Salad: $5.98
- Seafood and Shrimp Salad: $3.96
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad: $2.48
- Amish Potato: $1.74
- Loaded Baked Potato: $3.94
- Redblis Potato: $2.28
- Mashed Potato: $2.98
- Potato Wedges: $2.98
Wings & Tenders
- Carolina BBQ Wings: $5.98
- Hot Wings: $5.98
- Ranch Wings: $5.98
- Wing Dings: $5.98
- Wing Zings: $5.98
- Pilgrims Pride Chicken Tender: $5.98
- Breaded Okra: $3
- Cheddar Stuffed Jalapenos: $5
- Cheese Sticks: $3.98
- Cheesy Mac: $3.98
- Corn Dogs: $1
- Save Green Beans: $2
- Savory Brown Gravy: $2.98
- Tilapia Fit: $5.48
What Are Other Chicken Dishes That Walmart Serve?
Walmart has become a great stop for eats and treats. If you want a new kind of fried chicken experience in place of your usual fast food store dine ins and take-outs, you should try Walmart’s version.
What’s nicer is that you can do your shopping and your food trips all in one place. And it is not just about fried chickens but salads and rotisserie as well.
Here are other chicken products available at Walmart.
- A 29 oz. Rotisserie chicken costs $4.98.
- The same Rotisserie chicken costs $10.00 if it includes sides. It includes a choice of potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, and a two-liter Coca-cola drink.
- For the ‘3 Kinds of Delicious’ meals, they cost $12.98.
If you are planning a party, Walmart can fry those chicken legs for you in bunches. If not fried, it still has chicken varieties for you to enjoy. Here are some of the party packages and their corresponding costs:
- Flavored Wing Tray of 12 inches (small) costs $24, 16 inches (medium) costs $32, and 18 inches (large) costs $38. Each includes boneless barbecue wings, spicy Buffalo chicken wings, and cherry tomatoes. It also includes ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
- Chicken Trio can consist of either boneless or regular Buffalo wings, chicken tenders, and crispy popcorn chicken, depending on your preference. Ranch dressing is also included for the dip. This is available in 16” (for 15-20 persons) at $28 and 18” (for 20-25 persons) for $44. Kids Party Tray Medium 16 is also available for $24.00.
Please do note though that when ordering in bulk for your special occasion, you have to notify Walmart at least 24 hours ahead of time. This gives the company enough time to prepare your order and you can have it freshly cooked and on time.
Ways To Save When Buying Walmart Fried Chicken
We know Walmart already provides its customers with everyday low prices and its fried chicken is definitely more affordable than the ones you buy elsewhere. But for those who are still on the lookout for ways to save more on Walmart chicken costs, here are some of the things you should do:
- Purchase in volume if you need to. Obviously, the number of pieces of fried chicken you buy effectively reduces the price per piece. For example, the eight-piece pack will cost around $0.88 each, the 50-piece package will cost $0.80 per piece, and a hundred will give you only $0.55 per piece.
- Choosing a fried chicken set that includes the side dishes can also save you some cost rather than buying them individually.
- Please be always on the lookout for special days where you can get fried chicken for lesser than the usual price.
- Walmart will usually markdown prices of its chicken when still unsold after an allotted time. Sometimes, even half the price. You might want to look into this.
- Find Walmart coupons.
- Eat as a group with your friends or family members as this can also be an opportunity to save more on the overall cost. Since, as mentioned, the more pieces you buy, the lesser the price per piece it would be; chipping in individually but ordering and paying as one will save you some dollars.